Why Does it Matter If My Doctor Is a DOL-OWCP Expert?

If you’re a federal employee who’s been injured on the job, you need to go to a doctor who’s a DOL-OWCP expert. “DOL” stands for Department of Labor, and “OWCP” stands for Office of Worker’s Compensation Programs.

Only a DOL-OWCP expert can navigate through the documentation needed and provide the care required by the federal government. The OWCP provides wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation, and other benefits to federal employees who have been injured on the job. Getting those benefits, however, can be a challenge if you don’t know what forms to fill out and all of the steps involved in getting care and compensation.

At Advanced Care Specialists, our team of skilled physicians is DOL-OWCP experts. So, we’ve compiled this comprehensive guide to why it’s important that you see a doctor who is a DOL-OWCP expert if you’re a federal employee who’s been injured on the job.

Getting the documentation

When you opt for a doctor who’s a DOL-OWCP expert, you’re getting someone who can help you through every step of your claim. 

When you choose Advanced Care Specialist, you can be assured that you’re getting the best medical care, as we have highly trained and skilled physicians. However, because our doctors are DOL-OWCP certified as well, we’ve received special training on filling out paperwork for federal compensation. 

Additionally, because we’re DOL-OWCP experts, we can document all of the injuries you’ve sustained on the job as part of your claim evidence. Poorly documented claims can cause delays in or even invalidate your benefits.

Filing the paperwork

We will bill the complete cost of your medical care, including services for treatment, directly to the Department of Labor and the Office of Worker’s Compensation Programs. You can rest assured that we’ll never charge you any out-of-pocket expenses. In addition to new claims, we can also help you to re-apply for previously denied claims and get them accepted.

You work hard as a federal employee. And, when you’re injured on the job, you should be fairly compensated. No matter what your injury is, we can help you get well again and fill out and file all of the necessary paperwork. At our office, we’re DOL-OWCP experts, and we’re very experienced in getting federal workers their compensation.

If you’ve been injured, get the care you need and get started on your claim by booking an appointment online or over the phone with Advanced Care Specialists today.

Request Appointment

You Might Also Enjoy...

Why You Shouldn't Wait to Report a Work Injury

If you get injured on the job, you need to report it right away. If you wait to report it, you may delay getting the medical care you need and may have trouble getting a workers’ compensation claim approved. Read on to learn more.